Make Some Music!
Explore your musical interests with free access to a variety of instruments - all you need is your NLPL Public Library card!
The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library at the A.C. Hunter Public Library is a collection of instruments that you may borrow using your NLPL Public Library card. Ask staff for assistance retrieving the instrument you want to borrow. The instruments can be found by searching the library catalogue.
- Musical instruments may only be borrowed from the A.C. Hunter Public Library. Instruments must be returned to the A.C. Hunter Public Library during opening hours.
- The borrowing period is 4 weeks. An instrument may be renewed once as long as there are no holds.
- Late fees are $1 per day.
- Holds may be placed on instruments. Once notified of a hold, patrons have 3 days to pick it up.
- One instrument may be checked out at a time.
- NLPL library cardholders are responsible for maintaining and returning instruments in good condition. If it is not returned, or is damaged, a replacement or repair cost may be applied to your account.
To learn more, read the FAQ.
What Instruments are Available to Borrow?
Visit the Instruments page to view our collection.
Caring for Musical Instruments
Learn how to take care of the instruments you borrow. View these videos to find out how.
General Instrument Care
- Make sure hands are clean before playing any instrument.
- When not in use, store the instrument in its case, away from direct sources of heat.
- If the instrument is cold, let it come to room temperature before playing.
- Please return the instrument to the library immediately if it is damaged.
Donate a New or Gently Used Instrument
Your donation will help make music more accessible through the Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library at the A.C. Hunter Public Library.
- Accordions, Banjos, Digital Pianos & Keyboards, Guitars, Mandolins, Percussion, Ukuleles, Violins
About our Partner
Sun Life Financial has a long history of supporting arts and culture in Canada, and believes arts and culture should be celebrated within our communities and made available to everyone, regardless of their means.
The Sun Life Financial Musical Instrument Lending Library at the A.C. Hunter Public Library is made possible with generous support from Sun Life Financial. We are pleased to partner with Sun Life Financial to offer free access to musical instruments to NLPL cardholders.
The A.C. Hunter Public Library is grateful for Sun Life Financial's contribution to arts and culture in our community.