Our libraries are equipped with public access computer terminals, and other computer equipment. The number of terminals and equipment may vary at each library. Computer and Internet use is free for any patron or guest visiting any of our public libraries provided people have a valid library card and no fines.
Public Computers Provide Patrons Access to:
- Internet Access
- Microsoft Office
- Printing Services
- Document and Photo Scanners
- Wide range of general use applications
Province-Wide Wireless Hotspot Network
With over 95 locations throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, we have created a free province wide wireless network. Access is free of charge and there is no registration required. Simply agree to the terms of service and you are on your way to internet access.
* There is a 500MB download limit per 24hr period, and wireless internet speeds will vary by location.
You can access the internet as long as you are in range of one of our hotspots. For a listing of locations and service status, please visit http://wifi.nlpl.ca/
How to Utilize Computer and Internet Services
To utilize computer and internet services:
- Patrons must have a valid library card.
- Patrons are required to sign in on computers with a valid library card and pin number.
- Workstations are available for 30 minute slots up to a maximum 2 hours per day.
Book a Computer at One of Our Library Locations
Did you know that you can book a computer to use at one of our libraries? Use the MyPC Public Computer Booking System to book a computer today!